On Tuesday, September 13th, U.S. News & World Report released its annual rankings of the best colleges in the United States. Jesuit institutions were featured prominently on the list:
NATIONAL UNIVERSITIES (310 schools)
20. Georgetown University; 31. Boston College; 60. Fordham University; 86. Marquette University; 96. Saint Louis University; 99. Loyola University Chicago; 107. University of San Francisco
LIBERAL ARTS COLLEGES (239 schools)
32. College of the Holy Cross
REGIONAL MASTER'S UNIVERSITIES: North (195 schools)
2. Fairfield University; 3. Loyola University Maryland; 6. University of Scranton; 11. Saint Joseph’s University; 16. Le Moyne College; 23. Canisius College; 99. Saint Peter’s University
REGIONAL MASTER'S UNIVERSITIES: South (146 schools)*
10. Loyola University New Orleans; 37. Wheeling Jesuit University
REGIONAL MASTER'S UNIVERSITIES: Midwest (171 schools)
1. Creighton University; 4. Xavier University; 7. John Carroll University; 15. Rockhurst University; 24. University of Detroit Mercy
REGIONAL MASTER'S UNIVERSITIES: West (141 schools)
2. Santa Clara University; 3. Loyola Marymount University; 4. Gonzaga University; 8. Seattle University; 23. Regis University
*Spring Hill College was re-classified to the Liberal Arts Colleges category for this year's ranking.
Of note, Creighton University was named the #1 regional master's university in the Midwest for the 14th consecutive year; Wheeling Jesuit university was named the best regional university in West Virginia; and Saint Joseph's University's risk management and insurance program was named the best in the nation. Boston College, Canisius College, the University of Scranton and Xavier University were featured in local news reports for their rankings.
For more highlights, please click on the following school names: Canisius College, Fairfield University, Gonzaga University, John Carroll University, Le Moyne College, Loyola Marymount University, Loyola University Chicago, Loyola University Maryland, Loyola University New Orleans, Regis University, Rockhurst University, Saint Louis University, Santa Clara University, Seattle University and the University of Detroit Mercy.